Despite the flattening effects of globalisation, international business demonstrates huge diversity and complexity. After COVID-19, we can now see much clearer that the global economy provides a complex, interconnected, dynamic and uncertain context in which to trade internationally. This book addresses the ‘new abnormal’ in which we now operate—one of systemic risk, where adaptive strategy and resilient operations have become mandatory. This book is about understanding global contexts and trends, including protectionism and ‘slowbalisation’. It covers threats and opportunities; the drivers and nature of globalisation; multilateral organisations; economic blocs; and the political, economic, social, technological and legal differences that regions and countries exhibit. The author tackles how businesses devise strategies that work internationally, in different parts of the globe; planning entry strategies for new markets; and deciding on evolution, alliances and growth.
Pub. Date: 31st January 2019
Publisher: SB Publishing
Authors: Leslie P Willcocks
Format: Soft Cover
Size: 245mm x 190mm x 15mm
Page extent: 204pp
RRP: £35.00 GBP
Sales & Distribution: SB Publishing
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Gives a research-based grounding to international business.
- Discusses the post-2020 ‘new abnormal,’ changing globalisation trends, formal institutions, and the business strategies needed to compete.
- Details cultural, social and ethical issues for international businesses, and corporate policy making on sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Introduces international trade and investment, multilateral organisations, regional integration and the global financial system.
- Details how firms develop international business, arrive at entry strategies, enter alliances, and evolve on the global stage.
- Gives insight through theoretical perspectives, frameworks, studies, and examples of how businesses can arrive at effective, implementable international business strategies.
Publication Date : 31st January 2021
******PRE-ORDER NOW ******
(UK and international shipping available)
For large quantities contact us direct.
Dr Leslie P. Willcocks
Leslie P. Willcocks has an international reputation for his work on global management, outsourcing, e-business, information management, IT evaluation, strategic IT and organizational change. He is Professor in Technology Work and Globalization at the Department of Management at London School of Economics and Political Science. He is co-author of 53 books including most recently Service Automation, Robots and The Future of Work (SB Publishing, 2016) and has published over 240 refereed papers in journals such as Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, California Management Review, MIS Quarterly and MISQ Executive. He is a regular keynote speaker at international practitioner and academic conferences, and has been retained as adviser and expert witness by major corporations and government institutions. Details of his other books and papers can be found at www.lse.ac.uk/management/research/outsourcingunit