Welcome to the second book in the new Global Business Foundations project. The first volume—Global Business: Strategy In Context—dealt with the global business environment and devising international and competitive strategies for entry and growth in new markets. This present book takes the learning on international business context and strategy further by drilling down into key, functional areas. Specifically we look at designing structure and organisation; marketing and R&D; devising sourcing and supply chain arrangements; establishing information systems that perform globally; and distinctive arrangements for managing international human resources. An international business also needs to manage the financial complexities that internationalisation brings, and learn to run projects internationally, with diverse workforces and alliances. This book also gives special place to global digital business, to reflect how Information and Communications and digital technologies have grown out of a support role to become increasingly central to strategic thinking and operational functioning. In nine chapters, the author provides a foundation for these subjects, based on his teaching at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and running executive programmes around the globe over many years.
Pub. Date: 18TH January 2020
Publisher: SB Publishing
Authors: Leslie P Willcocks
Format: Soft Cover
Size: 245mm x 190mm x 15mm
Page extent: 248pp
RRP: £35.00 GBP
Sales & Distribution: SB Publishing
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Provides a long view of major global economic and business trends, the impacts of the 2020–2021 crises, and the future challenges, principles, and ways to manage globally going forward.
- Establishes the importance of organisational structure, coordinating mechanisms and organizational architecture.
- Describes the challenges and management of marketing and R&D functions in an international business.
- Gives insight into how businesses manage sourcing and the supply chain, information systems, and human resources, in different parts of the world—globally, regionally and domestically.
- Assesses how an international business can manage key dimensions of finance.
- Profiles the risks in international projects, and learn the action principles for effective project and change management.
- Shows the building blocks and route map for digital transformation, so enabling an organisation to increasingly become a digital business.
Available JAN 18th
(UK and international shipping available)
For large quantities contact us direct.
Dr Leslie P. Willcocks
Leslie P. Willcocks has an international reputation for his work on global management, outsourcing, e-business, information management, IT evaluation, strategic IT and organizational change. He is Professor in Technology Work and Globalization at the Department of Management at London School of Economics and Political Science. He is co-author of 53 books including most recently Service Automation, Robots and The Future of Work (SB Publishing, 2016) and has published over 240 refereed papers in journals such as Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, California Management Review, MIS Quarterly and MISQ Executive. He is a regular keynote speaker at international practitioner and academic conferences, and has been retained as adviser and expert witness by major corporations and government institutions. Details of his other books and papers can be found at www.lse.ac.uk/management/research/outsourcingunit